Hodell & Dahl

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 23:30:03 -0400

Ray ,I find penciled dates on the back side of the main action rail or =
the front of the reg. rail on older pianos. #1,2 or 88  keys can be =
dated . Also plate casting dates @ bottom near pedals. good luck.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ray T. Bentley=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 10:15 PM
  Subject: Hodell & Dahl

  I have a client with a Hodell & Dahl Serial No. 1077 made in Chicago.

  The Pierce Atlas has no listing for it.  Does anyone have any =
information that might help me date this piano?  Any information on the =
company would also be appreciated such as dates it was in business.  =
Also the lady would like to sell it to a museum.  It's in very good =
playing condition, and the cabinet is in good condition.  She thinks =
it's over 100 years old.  It has been five years since I tuned it about =
130 cents flat.  She has since obtained a newer one.

  Any advice to her on age and the possibility of a museum wanting it?

  Thanks.

  Ray T. Bentley, RPT
  Alton, IL