Capstan Relocation

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:42:24 -0400

At 09:35 PM 10/15/2000 +0200, you wrote:

>Stanwoods "method" is (cant possibly be) fundementally at odds with
>previous knowledge on the subject matter so there should be plenty things
>to talk about even for Stanwood licensees that doesnt breach his patent
>protection stuff. As far as I can see, Stanwood takes an approach to action
>geometry that is, shall I say, "weight priority" founded, instead of
>"lengths priority". And it does so to provide a more predictable way of
>achieving intended design results in a way that is more cost effective then
>present standard factory proceedure.

Couldn't have said it better myself, sounds like your on the promotional
team already.

>This stuff is the real meat and potatoes of action work, and seems more
>akin to the "sauce".. should be more discussion about it if you ask me. How
>else can we uppgrade our skills aside from investing thousands of dollars
>in a licencing program and that before we really have refined enough basic
>understandings to really benefit fully from such programs ??
>
>Terry asks for help in a real problem he wants to start being able to deal
>with. You guys in the real know should be giving him a real hand.

It is like learning to play the piano. One can only explain so much, give
you so many examples;
it is up to you to put in the practice time and develop you technique.

Don't look for the quick fix because it isn't there, this is where
craftsmanship comes in.
You have to develop an understanding of the workings of an action by
altering one component
and observing the result, then realizing the outcome of multiple changes.

After ten actions it will start to make sense.  Just like it take a hundred
piano tunings to get
you on the right road.  The more experience you get, the more you realize
you need.

Practice,