Piano Brand

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 15:49:20 -0700

We sell the Rieger-Kloss at the store where I work.  The cabinets are
nice, high gloss polyester.  Some have the Renner action (uprights), the
grands I think have all Renner actions.  They have good quality
workmanship overall.  The uprights have all agraffes, there aren't any
pressure bars.  The tuning pins don't always line up with the agraffe
holes/hitch pins, especially near the break in the tenor section.  The
tone is good, but there seem to be a lot of hisses and zings throughout
the piano.  They tune ok, but seem a little "rubbery".  They aren't
cheap, but not as expensive as say, Yamaha.  I give them a thumbs up
overall, but I wouldn't own one.  Just my opinion.  Check them out for
yourself.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego