Rebuilt Steinway

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:54:22 +0200

Small cracks in soundboards are in themselves nothing to be concerned about, and
indeed really nothing to even bother repairing outside of cosmetic issues.
Steinway themselves say this and have publicised information to that effect.

If the crown is ok, and the piano is structually sound then you should feel
quite safe indeed buying this instrument. If you are still in doubt find an RPT
in your area to give it the one look over. On the side this kind of situation is
one good reason to have a good working relationship on a regular basis with an
RPT. Someone you know and trust who can give you good advice on such issues.