Gram Gauge

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 23:52:24 -0400

Static friction is a problem within piano actions.  The
amount of friction varies from location to location along
the path of measurement.  Visually we strive for an average
of both up and down so the hammer also moves at the same
rate up and down.

A stepper motor and pressure gauges and a computer could do
this quite well but the setup would be rather costly.

You're best bet is to purchase the 1 gram graduated set from
David Stanwood.  15 to 5 grams by one gram increments.
Works best of any system I have seen or dreamed up.

		Newton