Gram Gauge

Hans E. Sanders hesand01@louisville.edu
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:05:51 -0400

The choice of Macintosh might have been a good one, but a gauge for measuring either up- or downweight will not do it. The reason is inertia. I made my own sets of gram weights measuring from 14 - 85 grams. Used copper tubing cut into 1 inch pieces with two fitting cups each side. Filled with proper lead and/or Tungsten powder for proper weight (including glue)   on gram scale, stenciled top cup with number and glued together.

Hans Sander, RPT
University of Louisville

>>> gleng@fast.net 10/14/00 03:52PM >>>
I'm looking for a gauge that would show the number of grams it takes todepress a key. There are sets of weights that can be combined that I'veseen in some of the piano supply catalogs but I'd prefer a gauge. The gauges I've seen in the piano supply catalogs are a little on thepricey side-PianoTek has one on page B-25, the 31-006-0 Correx 100 gramgauge that runs $169.95.Did some checking on the Internet and came up with theArialChatillonArial65GG Gram Gauge for $95. It's at: http://www.itinscales.com/chhandsp.htmAnyone know of any other gauges that would measure normal key weightsfor less than $170?Thanks. Glenn GraftonGrafton Piano & Organ Co.Souderton PAhttp://www.dprint.com/grafton/gleng@fast.net800-272-5980The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought aMacintosh.