separated back

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:39:52 -0400

Jim,

Yes, the client wanted to know if I want the piano.  I said I might be
interested.  I'm not willing to pay for the piano, although I would give them a
little something to move it to my shop.  My intention would be to fix it to
sell.  If the repair is unsuccessful, of course the time and money is down the
drain.

If they keep the piano (it was Grandma's, you know!), and I try to fix it for
them, it would still be with the understanding that I get paid for trying, even
if the repair fails.  Actually, I'll probably draw up a contract, just to make
sure we understand each other.  The only way I think I'll get caught on this is
the cost of moving the piano, a little money for epoxy, and my time.  Further
comments are welcome.

Regards, Clyde