HT program

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:08:06 +0200

Hi folks..

A copy of Owen Jorgensens book on temperaments has been made available to
me by the University system here in Norway. After a brief discussion with
the institute director it was aggreed upon that we should attempt to put
together a presentation of non ET temperaments to be included within a
seminar on early classical music late december. Bach will be the most
prominant name on the list of composers.

I would appreciate it if you folks who have a good deal of experience with
historical temperaments to help me with suggestions and advice regarding
what temperaments I should attempt in connection with different
compositions. The presentation should not be too provoking, yet it should
not be to conservative either.

Piano folks here havent heard anything but ET for years and years. The
seminar is largely for harpshichordists and block flute players. It is our
hope to generate considerable interest in this regard from the pianist and
organists.

This might also be a great chance to create an enriching discusion on the
subject of HT's with a backdrop of communative effort on putting together
this presentation and teaching myself some things about HT's their usage
and "appropriateness".

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.