butt plates and repair clips

Lynn Rosenberg Lynn@eznet.net
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:29:14 -0400

I have just joined this list serve and have been tuning, repairing, and
rebuilding pianos for 25 years.
I currently have an action with a broken toungue inwhich the butt plate
attatches to.  In past years, I, if the situation warents replacing the rail
with a new duplication, or use repair clips.  In this case, they're isn't
much brass left to attatch the clip to.  Is they're any good glue, cement,
or epoxey available to "perminately hold the repair clip in place.  Lynn
Rosenberg