'Blooming'

Dan Hallett Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:53:47 -0400

I've experienced the same thing with elementary age voices. When you combine
a voice that is slightly 'reedy' (for want of a better description) with one
that is more 'flutelike' (again, for want of a better description) the
amount of tone almost doubles and enriches the entire group.

Dan Hallett

"the sound sort of "expanded" or

"bloomed" as the note was held. After figuring out this was what you meant,

I went back to the totally still, dead-on unisons. There was a slight

difference, but a difference nonetheless. From a musical perspective, the

unisons were better that tiny bit off. There was more life.">>

 John "bloomed" is a very appropiate term here I think. I am not well versed
enough in the technical side of tuning/tone generation to be able to give
technical reasons for this.