Spring Conundrum

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:02:12 -0700

Rusty?, Razor?,

You need to work on your "circle of jacks" regulation.  Repetition tension,
jack in line with knuckle, jack in the window.  Repeat several times.  What
is probably happening in your case is the jack is too high in the window.

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of RustRazor@AOL.COM
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 2:24 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Spring Conundrum

I'd like to pull on your coats about something...

I'm regulating an action from a Baldwin grand and have run into a rather odd
situation with the rep. spring.  If I set the hop to a nice positive lift,
the hammer shank will fall when I trip the jack with my finger.  If I set
the
spring to support the shank after tripping the jack, the hop has a serious
kick.  This condition is throughout the action.

Any ideas?...