Choosing Steinway D

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:28:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/03/2000 4:40:00 PM, Lance wrote:

<<What, if any, _other_ things should I be looking at and possibly

listening to to help me choose the "best" one.>>

Lance;
 What Ed wrote is appropo but what he didn't say is more important.
What you asked was "help me choose"...the answer is... 'nothing' should "help
YOU choose".  Unless this is your church and/or you are a commmittee of one
hired for this particular selection..YOU should NOT choose.

 Your function in the normal course is to evaluate each piano as the Church
representatives "choose" their instrument. You are there, or will be there,
to offer technical observation(s) and advice on the instrument(s) of their
choice and not YOUR choice. Your primary function should be to advise what
instruments NOT to choose rather than what instrument TO choose.
Have fun! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)