Aural?

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:06:06 +0200

Actually David, it is not what you are interested in at all, tho you may
decieve yourself into thinking so at this time. Consistancy is of course a very
valuable attribute to a good tuning... but thats the key to this whole thing..
A good tuning is many things with many attributes. What you are interested in
is this "good tuning". And a "good tuning" is a subjective thing by virture of
the fact that it is human subjectivity that is the perceptor. The machine may
help you in some or another way to achieve this goal or it may not.. but all
that is way besides the point.

Besides... tho the machine is consitant at measureing partials.. the partials
themselves are not consistant so you are just as far along to begin with. Real
consistancy is always going to be something the ear is the final judge of.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.