Schaff buys American Piano Supply

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:43:18 -0700

At 07:39 AM 10/02/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Most catalogs have the prices separate or if they don't should.  I believe
>in doubling what it costs me to cover handling and my profit margin.  I
>certainly don't think this is in any way a case of "duplicity".  Traditional
>would be more like it...
>
>David I.

David, I don't feel that the duplicity comes from the 100% markup.
It comes from showing the customers the price list with the high
figures, and letting them assume that they represent one's cost.

The amount of markup is an individual decision. The point is, how
would one feel if the markup were known to one's customers? If
disclosure would be okay -- no problem. If one would turn red and
stammer, it seems an unnecessary burden to carry through life.

Susan