Re; Wanna be piano tuner

Mark Dierauf mdierauf@mediaone.net
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:03:53 -0400

Melissa -

  Sounds to me as if you already have one of the prime requirements
necessary to becoming a good technician - enthusiasm! Beyond that I would
recommend that you join your local PTG chapter and try to get some hands-on
and ears-on experience. Tuning especially is something that can be difficult
to pick up from a book. You really have to hear what tempered intervals
sound like to fully grasp the concept. Maybe one of the local members (or
non-members, for that matter) needs an aprentice. I worked for several other
techs when I was first starting out, and have always considered that I got a
more well-rounded education as a result. Good luck!