zapper for sluggish action

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:39:48 -0600

Hi Bud, That would and could be as simple as a resistor.. I'll see if I
can do some testing this weekend to see what current heats the pins in 3
to 5 seconds.

Then  I=E/R  Solve for the resistor. P=Isq xR  Units are ohms, amps and
volts.  That would give you the wattage for the resistor.   Let's say we
want 2 amps at 12 volts. R=12/2=6ohms. Wattage would be P=2x2 x 6 = 24
watts.. I think that correct. Time of course is the other factor in how
hot the little buggers get. Would be nice to heat them in a 3 to 5
seconds.

Richard Oliver Snelson