Kawai CX-5 Key Slip

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:35:01 EST

     I don't how many you are aware of this but for those of you aren't be
forewarned.I have been seeing CX-5's and CX21's with a nasty sticking key
problem.The white keys are binding on the keyslip.The problem is you have to
remove the entire key frame to remove the key slip so you can then remove the
piece of wood that holds the keyslip to the piano with screws that are on top
of the keybed under the key frame.In the past I have then cut up bussiness
cards and spaced that piece out so it clears the white keys.Today I found a
new complication to this problem in that the strip of wood on the back of the
key slip was glued on as well as screwed.So with a very annoying customer
watching I had to pry off the piece so I could shim it so the piano would
play.Ahh remember the much maligned Kimball console...At least that had only
four to screws to remove the key slip and then they had handy little screws
at the front of the key frame that allowed for easy adjustment of a binding
keyslip............Any thoughts???