"Pedals" for Kristinn

maria arnelöf maria.arnelof@spray.se
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:35:25 +0100

Lol! No...this had nothing to do with a poem (even if that would be
preferable). And no...I doubt it that the answer is to drill big wholes in
the ground and put the grand down in them :D
It is not a problem WITH the pianoplayer, its usually the wheels that have
been put on the legs that are too big and lifts up the piano/grand TOO
high. This causes more damage to the pedals after some use (or the
mecanics, actually around the pedal) and of course causes physical problem
for the player who has to stretch his/her feet too high to press down them.
Just to clarify my question, Kristinn ;)

Maria

"Was that a poem or something?

You know, I just had that problem right now.
Actually a 60 year old upright that had been placed on caster cups.  Itīs a
common problem I think, especially when grands are put on high spiders for
moving.

I havenīt thought about this in numbers, (but 503/247thīs of an inch might
be alright :-), sorry, making fun of Americans.)

Make sure that the bench is high enough, that can be a problem.
Make sure the pianist isnīt sitting too close.

Itīs possible to meddle around with felt at the top of the pedal, but that
can get ugly.

Yeah, this is something Iīd like to hear about from you more experiencedses

If all else fails you can drill big holes in the floor and put the grand
down into them...

>Cu,
>Maria

Copper,