bosendorfer imperial pianos

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:26:33 -0500

Stephen,

Do you intend to remanufacture the piano yourself?  I have seen your name
appearing here only recently, so I do not know how much experience you have in
this area.

If you have no experience in rebuilding, I would recommend getting the
experience on pianos of much lesser value.  Learn your lessons and make your
mistakes on those.  In my mind there is a certain responsibility all rebuilders
have to make sure that only topnotch work is done on high value pianos.
Observing poor craftsmanship is always depressing, but much more so if the
piano was once a fine instrument.

I do not rebuild pianos, but I've given it consideration.  I would probably
start with the cheapest grand I could find, as long as it was at least worth
the trouble.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT