Fazer bridge?

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 00:10:53 +0000

Hi,

I tuned a Fazer piano for a friend a little over a month ago.  The piano´s
not old, and an overall O.K one.
Now the mid range and treble are just under A 439, but the bass is still up
to pitch.

I´ve been told the bridge might be loose.

Is there anything else you can think of, and remedies for the problem?

I haven´t done any checking but I´ll see the instrument next weekend.  I´ve
never had this happen.

Actually I had a spinet go south on me once, but I don´t think it´s a
similar case here.
It was when I was studying in the U.S.
I had tuned it.  After a while it had been moved, just a little bit, and
the bass went either way sharp or flat, I don´t remember.
I was preparing to tune it again, we had to move it first, and I checked it
out on the middle of the floor, and the bass was back to where it had been!

Thanks in advance,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland