restringing question

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:44:05 -0600

on 11/26/00 10:36 AM, Delwin D Fandrich at pianobuilders@olynet.com wrote:

> Read Dave Roberts book, 'The Calculating Technician.'  Yes, it's full of
> mis-understanding about scale design, but it's still about the best we have.

The Calculating Technician is out of print. I understand that no further
prints are planned since the material assumes, for the most part, the use of
obsolete electronic calculators.

For someone who might be so inclined, there appears to be a real opportunity
to benefit the profession by updating the material with a better
"understanding about scale design" and to use computer spread sheets. Hint,
hint.

> Get the back issues of the Journal -- we're all going to gray and doddering
> by the time the CD hits the shelves

Well, I'm certainly going gray while this project is going on.  :)

The Journal CD set still has not gone to production. I haven't heard anyone
who has actually seen the betas of these CD's argue that we should go ahead
with publication as is.

We intend for the CD's to work properly and to include all the advertised
material. Easier said than done.

Kent Swafford, Chair
PTG Electronic Communications Committee