Cents=Lbs...wrong direction!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:33:44 -0800

When I wrote my original post on the subject of "Cents=Pounds", i was NOT,
repeat, NOT referring to additional Downbearing, and I would NEVER ,as
quoted from Wim below, "try to convince the customer that
the reason a pitch raise is hard on the piano is because of the increase in
pounds on the downbearing,....."

I was simply stating that, at least for me, it seems to be quite a
convincing case in FAVOR of doing a pitch raise, when I tell the customer
that his/her piano has lost several HUNDRED pounds (or more) of "String
Tension", (NOT downbearing). They readily grasp that concept. I sometimes
equate it further with analogies, such as driving your car with only HALF
the amount of air in the tires, etc. They get it.

Terry Peterson
associate Memeber P.T.G.
Los Angeles, CA

<<So what you are basically saying is that trying to convince the customer
that
the reason a pitch raise is hard on the piano is because of the increase in
pounds on the downbearing, would be as complicated to her as it is to us.

I think I'll stay with my original comparison of percentage. That I can
understand, and I think the customer will too.