Honky Tonk sound

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 07:19:51 -0500

Stephen,

My hunch is most technicians have never done it, so you may get limited
just for fun.  I'll probably never get around to it.  If the honky-tonk
sound is basically what most of us would consider out-of-tune unisons,
then pick a method for a sound the client likes and go with that.  The
benefit of detuning to emulate this sound, rather than just having an
out-of-tune piano (some would call them one and the same), is that you
can plan for a consistency across the whole keyboard.

Regards, Clyde