Unison Width - was stability issue

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 01:45:23 -0600

> >     The softer the hammer, the less pronounced the higher partials...so,
> >tuning irregularties show up less in a unison with a softer hammer. There
is
> >a 'wider' acceptance of what is perceived as 'in tune'.
> >

> >Dan Reed
>
> Hi Dan,
>             It is just the opposite, bright hammer mostly fundamental, and
> low harmonic development

Wait a minute
    If I want a soft sound do I want high partials or low fundamental and
"low harmonic development"  what ever that is. ?  I am taking you mean
"bright hammer" as a hard hammer.   How does a hard hammer give mostly
fundamental?

I don't understand the data below.  What is or are   "Vol units"  ?
---ric.