sundry notions on action/inaction

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:13:43 EST

In a message dated 11/20/00 3:25:56 PM Central Standard Time,
itune@firstsaga.com writes:

<< "reconditioning" a grand action.

 1. What is the efficacy and/or effectivenss in brushing (vigorously) the
whippen heel cushion

Unless I am replacing them, I always brush wippen cushions. Most of the time
I use a suede brush, with brass bristles.  On very cushions with a lot of
black graphite, I use a welder's brush.

 2. What is the relative effectiveness of bolstering knuckles with yarn, vice
knucle replacement

Bolstering knuckles is good if the customer doesn't want to spend the money
on new shanks. Replacing knuckles is a painstaking job. I would recommend you
talk the customer into new shanks.

 3. What, if any, is the "rule of thumb" in determining the limits of
reshapability of badly worn hammers.

When the top of the hammers are flat.

 Any thoughts, opinions, etc. would be most welcomed.

 Thank you,
 Robin Blankenship >>