Jasper American Piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:35:19 -0500

Anyone ever hear of a Jasper American Piano? I tuned a 42" console today
that was reported to be about 5 years old. It had the name of a local small
time piano dealer bolted/nailed/screwed/glued to the plate and to the
fallboard. On the front edge of the pinblock top down at the bass end was a
little sticker that said Jasper American Piano Company - Model 434F - Serial
#J41005. Isn't that like a Kimball model number? The plate had "Made in USA"
cast into it at the top. Is this a Kimball? Or is Jasper a company? It sure
tuned like a Kimball. One of the yuckiest newer pianos I have ever run
across. Hammers were like little concrete blocks. Even the lady of the house
(non-piano player who thought the poor piano, which had never been tuned and
was 50 cents flat, sounded in pretty good tune) thought the piano sounded
"tinny". Yeah, a bit of an understatement. Anyway, anyone ever hear of this
piano?

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida