..stability issue..

BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:04:29 EST

If the pianos are played every day for an extended period of time, and are
getting twangy between full tunings, why not establish a touch-up schedule
daily?  It will take you 5 mins for each piano daily and you can charge
appropriately, a service call perhaps?

During the large festivals, we do a complete tuning on every piano every day,
and touch-ups start as early as 5 hours later, around 1pm and continue every
45 mins or so until 7pm.

I remember one guy by the name of Johnny Bacheman who played at a local New
Orleans bar.  He was a small, lightweight person who played the hardest of
any person I have ever seen.  I was on a daily tuning for this piano and not
a day went by that he did not break at least 2 bass strings and 1 treble.  I
could not have played as hard as he did with a hammer....When you get one of
these,  you ask yourself how is it possible?

not to ramble, but I would suggest a daily touch-up if distance is not
prohibitive.
tom mc nabb