Pinblock drilling. Trying again for help!

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:56:08 -0600

Your thoughts on this please?
I found out today the the Mortiser sold by Garrett turns at 3500 rpm..
The Delta unit turns at 1750 rpm.. Both too fast???

What drilling speed do you use on pinblocks?

Garrett Wade sells a 1/2 hp Hollow Chisel Mortiser that can be fitted
with a 3 jaw chuck drilling attachment. As  a small drill press the
Mortiser has a 4" stroke and could be easily mounted to a slide board
for pinblock drilling in the piano. Because of compact size I think it
could sit very close to the drilling area.

Garrett Wade's number: 1-800-221-2942 If you want a cat.

If anyone could send me a picture of a drill press set up. Please do..
Richard