Piano Finishes

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:48:16 -0500

Well, here I sit boxed into refinishing (or making ill-fated attempts to) a
piano again. I am stuck on waterbase. I am eyeing OXFORD PREMIUM SPRAY
LACQUER (1000 Series) water-base finish by Target Coatings. Has anyone tried
it? Two features it claims attracts my interest: 100% burn in, so no
"witness lines" when flat-sanding final coat and ease of
flat-sanding/polishing - the big one being 100% burn-in. That is where I
have had problems in the past. Anyone????????

I haven't even started yet, and the desperation & out-of-control feeling is
already setting in :-(.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida