Electric Key Pounder?

Walter Gramza gramza@net.bluemoon.net
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:44:21 -0500

Hi Gentlemen:

I worked for the Aeolian American Piano Corp.  for ten years and have heard
of a pounding machhine of which they used to use to pack the felts and seat
the strings the machine was turned on at night and ran all evening through
the night until the following work day and then the piano was checked
thereafter,  and as I am sure you all know,  the piano had to be tuned,
and regulated again the machine when pounding on the keys changed all
regulation and tuning,  however,  it helped the pianos to settle and they
became seasoned and stable much quicker when this device was used than not.