"Wanna guess?" The Answer....

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:40:12 EST

Got just what I wanted out of this one.  Confirmation of what I thought and
a few good chuckles out of some answers.  Yup, I'm guessing that the piano
was in a house fire.  Since it didn't get burned up, folks thought it was
OK.  Heat and smoke blackened the inside and the moisture introduced by the
local volunteer fire dept. caused the rust.

I liked the "upside down in a flood" answer.  Actually I tuned a piano a
couple of weeks ago that still had flood mud in the bottom from a 1964
flood, very remarkably that was the only damage.  Since flood mud hardens to
a concrete like consistency, I didn't bother with it.
We had a major flood here about 4 years ago and I'm still dealing with that
one.

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY

"Hold on to your dreams, unless you dream of porcupines..."