pianotech-digest V2000 #984

Walter Gramza gramza@net.bluemoon.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:22:32 -0500

Good Day Sir:

I am fortunate enough to have a zapper formerly made by frandis Mehaffey
which consists of a 12 volt transformer and a set of probes which look like
a large pair of tweezers.  You would place these probes on each side of the
frozen screws and a low amount of heat would pass through the screw and
shrink the wood surrounding the screw slightly making the screw frre up so
that it can be turned without difficulty.  The longer you keep the probes
on the screw the hotter it becomes and also the looser it will become.  If
you wish any further information concerning this device please feel to
contact me via e-mail at Gramza@bluemoon.net.
Best of luck,