Lead filing (was bumps in keys)

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:20:24 -0500

Lead dust could get airborne by sanding and will settle throughout the=20
shop; not a good idea.
Filing lead only clogs the teeth, don't bother trying to get it out.

If lead needs to be trimmed, a sharp knife or chisel will shear it off with=
=20
the only hazard
of clumsy wealding, it could smart.

To remove the 'bump', either bang the lead in the opposite direction or=20
trim the bulge with a chisel.

Jon Page