VERY VERY STRANGE Re: You sent me a Virus

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:12:01 -0400

Dear List=20

You all know me already, and you also know I work with computers,  I =
have my computer with two alternate antivirus, which I am updating every =
week, (Norton and PC-cillin) I keep checking everything very thoroughly. =
This last two weeks I have been receiving virus warning from many of the =
emails that come from the list. THE STRANGE THING IS that sometimes I =
write to the person and he tells me he checked the machine and is clean, =
next I know is that the following mails from that person are clean. As I =
am in Venezuela it is a little far to call Symantec, I sent them an =
e-mail and I am expecting an answer, but you guys if you get hold of an =
800 number try finding out. The Antivirus that detected most of the =
viruses for me was Norton, The last one was an email I received from =
Ralph, I still have it in quarantine, and it reads contaminated, =
afterwards all Ralphs e-mails scan clean.=20

I tried with my laptop also and I get the same result. It seems to be =
jumping from person to person from time to time ? I do not know what to =
say, maybe the mails are getting infected at the server or somewhere in =
the way ( quite improbable)=20

Again try consulting it with as many AntiVirus companies with 800 =
numbers you can, and post the result.=20

That is my comment

Elian Degen
  ----- Original Message -----=20