Tuning Pin Bushings

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:42:17 -0700

Having problems removing the bushings from a piano that wasn't having its
plate removed - I went to a pawn shop and purchased a ROUND shanked
screwdriver with a shank diameter very close to the ID of the plate
bushing holes.   Then, I simply cut off the tip of the screwdriver and
ground it to look like a tuning pin spoon bit reamer.  You don't have to
do a lot of grinding to do this as the bushings aren't really that deep -
only do about 1/2 - 3/4" worth.  Works for me.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.

ps,  If you wish I can scan it and send as an attachment.  ( Virus free
as I charge extra for viruses :-b
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.