Politics!

Robin Blankenship itune@firstsaga.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:13:01 -0500

 David wrote:> >  >
> That is so true...diversity is what you find in the city.

Diversity in and off itself is not always a good and grand thing. Forced
"diversity" ends up being anything but. A John Rocker is excoriated for
expressing his views. Modern "diversity", aka "political correctness" only
tolerates what it deems to be fashionable at the time. It practices the same
hysteria of mass action as was the case in Salem, Loudun, Nuremburg, Moscow,
Havana. When it is coupled with the awesome power and mechanisms of a modern
state, it is terrifying.

I, too grew up in a complete segregated, rural, "Bubba" kind of place. I'm
not one of them. To make apparent assumptions as to my, or anybody's, inner
life and make-up based on externals is as blatantly prejudiced as those you
denigrate. The difference is, the liberals do not understand that they are
being intolerant. This is not the forum for getting into deeply personal
things. If you wish, we can "take it outside".

The Soviet Union had plenty of "diversity": over 100 different languages and
ethnic groups. Ah, the workers' paradise. If they want it back, fine.
America is following their lead.

Next time I tune a piano, I'll be sure to leave the pitches with plenty of
"diversity", just to be modern and all that!!

You do not know me. Conservative, white, middle-aged, male, straight. But,
not welcomed into today's "diversity".
My friends are as "diverse" a group as you can imagine. I love them all.
But, I don't put any quotas on them. And, they love me because we share one
thing or another in common. And, most are "conservatives", not necessarily
Republican, but people who value honesty, common decency, individual
freedom, and a belief that we are responsibile to a power beyond ourselves.

I choose to embrace real diverisity. But, I will NEVER do so at the point of
a gun or a lawsuit.

Morality  enforced is not morality. Your political views, sir, are truly
frightening.

Robin Blankenship
P.S. This is Veterans Day. I gave twenty years of my life helping protect
YOUR rights.