Notes of a Piano Tuner

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:03:30 -0600

6962 Highway 169
Virginia, MN 55792

And a very Merry Christmas to you in advance - no hard feelings - =
perhaps I've just had more exciting experiences than the author, dunno, =
but maybe. Thanks.

Roy
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 3:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Notes of a Piano Tuner

  Roy,=20
  I bought it, read it, and recommended it, but that doesn't necessarily =
mean I thought every sentence was exquisite.  I think I wasn't the only =
one to recommend it, and maybe not the first.  Your response just goes =
to show that we're not all going to like the same thing.  Regarding your =
quote from the book, it appears you gave only the first two sentences of =
a longer story.  I suspect that from even some of the world's great =
literary masterpieces, two sentences taken out of context could sound =
rather lame.=20

  I tend to agree that the text is "over-embellished," as you say.  I =
should send you a copy of my annual Christmas letter.  I do this kind of =
embellishment, and every year people tell me they're waiting eagerly for =
the next issue.  I'm sure there are those who can't stand it, but of =
course they don't tell me that.=20

  Regards,=20
  Clyde Hollinger=20

  Roy Ulrich wrote:=20

    Someone on this list recommended this book. I bought it and am half =
way through and I can't take it anymore! The text is over - embellished =
and the tales of customers are mundane. " My car senses things that I =
somehow miss. Like yesterday, I was backing up in a parking lot and =
carefully looked all around before maneuvering backward." Wow. For Sale: =
 Sleep aid - $16.95 + shipping ($3.00) Roy Ulrich