Politics!

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:43:10 +0100

Robin Blankenship wrote:

> And 17.2% being a "mandate" makes as much sense as "Abortion Rights Now, For
> the Children"!!

Grin...well thats stretching things a bit out of perspective. I doubt that a 100
% survey of Americans would turn up much more then a 50 - 50 split on the
abortion issue. Its a hot item, and a very tough question with lots of important
weighty aspects.

My point was more along the lines that citizens should get more involved in the
election process, and in politics in general. It speaks poorly of the worlds
greatest democracy that apathy is so widespread that such a small percentage of
the people actually bother to vote in the first place.

As for the abortion rights issue... I refuse to get involved in such a
discussion from this forum. Accepting a small divergence into the political
realm right at the time of such a fantastic election result is quite enough for
a Piano Tech List.
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.