Politics!

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:38:04 +0100

Robin Blankenship wrote:

> The current electoral divide is clearly visible on maps. The gulf between
> liberals and conservatives is much more profound and deeply felt that most
> realize. It is the difference between those packed into urban areas and
> willing to forgo freedom for conformity and safety versus those in more
> rural environments who treasure freedom above life itself. A split of the
> country into two separate republics looms on the horizon. It is almost
> inevitable. It does not have to mean war. That is up to the liberals. The
> government is NOT God. It just acts that way.

This... is .... grin... absurd. :)

Number 1.. the idea that America will split into two republics is pie in the
sky.
Number 2.. that freedom you talk about is about as thin as the first fall sheen
on Flathead Lake.

I know.. I spent most of my growing years in rural America. Home to chain saw
hair cuts and the like. That kinda freedom stretches as far as the next county
border. And if you live in such a place and stick out... you are anything but
free.

There is quite a gulf between the two polarities in voters. And there are
fisions within these two groupings. Politics is politics and the nature of the
game is that we aggree to disagree. The majority wins the day and everyone is
grown up enough to accept that and drop back and punt. There is always another
election and the game is never over. Thats democracy.. you cant win em all and
no matter what solution gets to rule the day there is going to be plenty wrong
with it. After all... we are humans... doomed in the end to fall short.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.