Help with Bluthner action

David Stanwood dstanwood@hotmail.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:44:00 GMT

Dear Calin & Group,

Of Touchweight Metrology note...  The lowest friction weight I've ever
measured was 1 gram on a Blutner Patent Action.  F = (D-U)/2.   This means
that only 1 gram of the downweight goes to overcoming friction as compared
to 10 to 15 grams which is normal for a Herz-Erard type action.  The lowest
Friction Weight I've ever found on a Herz-Erard was 4 grams on a Bechstein
with very free flanges and key bushings.

David C. Stanwood

http://www.stanwodpiano.com