precision strobe tuner

egzakto egzakto@charter.net
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:16:11 -0500

I have a Peterson 490-ST and I love it.  I never used anything else, so I don't
know how it compares with others. I used it last night to tune a piano in a
nursing home.  Thought if I went at night, things would be quiet.  I thought
wrong  =(
There was a blasting tv about 4 feet from the piano, 20 or so "residents" all
hanging around, one man shouting "She's doing it wrong! She's doing it wrong!", a
woman pounding on a table, etc. etc.  I had to use the manual setting, but the
piano got tuned.  My jaw hurts today from clenching my teeth last night. Oh well,
I'm sure everyone here has a story about a tuning job from Hell.
Barb