RIPPEN soundboards -- its gotten longer

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:17:46 -0500

> Where would you PUT a 40 foot long piano anyway?  B-})

In my English castle.

> Wouldn't the implication actually be that you'd need to be 40 feet away
> from that frozen sea-level piano to hear that note properly?

Standing waves are voicing problems and occur quite often in
smaller rooms.  I think that each location in a room will
experience an augmented frequency.  I hear them most often
at the keyboard.

It is also amazing that when you go out into the house seats
how many voicing problems were imperceptible at the piano.
Embarrassing actually.  Now if I had 40 foot ears...