New to Europe

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:31:30 +0100

Dale ManningThegeby wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Recently I moved from the US to Belgium and I have some questions about
> getting started here.
>
> I would like to know:
>
> 1.  Where to get information on European pianos and makes that I will see
> here that I haven't seen in the US?

Start checking out the stores, thats the easiest  place.. they have brochures
etc and can put you in touch with other information sources.

> 2.  Who are the suppliers to technicians in Europe and how do I reach them?

You have several, Danielsen in Danmark, Jahn, Meyer, and Renner in Germany to
mention the ones I have used.

> 3.  Is there a professional organization in Belgium?  Is there an
> english-speaking intra-European professional group?

I believe so. We had a belgium fellow named Danny who checked in with us from
time to time. I met him at the Scandinavian two years ago.. Very nice fellow.
The European association is tetra-lingual.

> 4.  Does anyone know the Polish-made Legnica piano?  Know where I can find
> general and/or technical information?

Yes, and you dont wanna know... grin.. Actually I am not sure if you can find
much technical data on these. I am not sure even if they are still made.. I
suppose maybe they are. We havent seen them up here for quite some time, and
with good reason. I have seen more then one of these simply disolve into a pile
of sawdust on the floor of stores.

> What a wealth of information you provide, and laughs, too.  Thanks for being
> here and many thanks for any help!

Glad to see another American in Europe. You might contact Kevin Gouldman in
Danmark. He is an American with a Master Piano Builders (the German
certification) card and knows many many folks and sources in the buisness over
here.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.