Monitoring Humidity

bhebert BHebert@compuserve.com
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 01:52:50 -0500

Nils,
A trip to an arts and crafts store or through a good woodworkers catalog
will result in a cheap needle hygrometer for about $5-$6.  I like the
DampChaser model though.  A violin shop can also sell you a cheap
hygrometer for a violin case for about $14.

Blaine Hebert
bhebert@compuserve.com

I would like to get a small hygrometer (digital or dial) to monitor the
humidity level around my piano.  I went to Radio Shack, as someone here
suggested and all they sell is a rather large Temperature/Humidity reader
(about the size of a paperback book).

Does anyone here know where you can get just a simple hygrometer?  Would
the
kind of humidity readers used for cigar boxes work?  These are quite small
(about the size of a silver dollar), but I suppose their accuracy maybe
less
than desired.

Nils Luehrmann<