NPR election day

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 07:14:22 -0800

At 07:43 AM 11/08/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>Well, fascinating situation here.

Yes, Clyde, fascinating is one word.

I hope that we all remember, whoever wins, that half
of voters will be unhappy. Victory yells seem out of
place at this point, from anyone, even after the
outcome is known. It remains a possibility that the
president-elect may have lost the popular vote. If so,
I hope that America will take this opportunity AT LAST
to retire the electoral college. Everyone's vote should
count the same, no matter where they live.

Susan