Rippen (was enter)

ruud billenkamp rudyard@EURONET.NL
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:20:02 +0100

> I had to pitch raise and tune a Rippen today!
> Number 11000  something!

Wow, that one must be almost history!

> My question is:
> Because of the  long "non speaking" area of the string next to the pins.
(Sorry for my bad explaination but I'm exhausted) you know what I mean. How
is the best way of doing this on a Rippen (pitchraise + tune)? I suppose you
done some?

My way, could be, pitch raise first, gentle of course, then press down? and
strike all the wire from the hitchpins to the tuningpins to loose all the
rusty points where the wire sticks to the pins and bars  (sounds wet up
there, 1700?).
Then press the sustain and BANGG all the keys to equal all the
tensionpartials.
Then have your coffee or what you need up there.
then it's time to tune the piano.
Well I could do it this way i think.

> My Index fingers hurts from banging.

What about your EARS! Do you protect them?

> Yes the bass is very good!
Well...
> I told the guy a knew who glued the hammers!
Well, do you really?
> I think I know why Rippen went out of buiseness. You run out of treble
string
GRINNN
> I will read about the free floating board tomorow.

> > Do you have any suggestions?
> > For a little family.
> >
> > Norway isnt Farway isntit?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Rudyard.
> >
> This Rippen piano was at the most west part of Norway (Closest to USA and
Iceland!). A Community with 950 persons and 1700 Islands. There haven't been
a tuner there for 6 years! The "Pitchraise Island"
> There war no road to this piano. We had to go there with boat. The owner
rents out a House for tourists. Maybe you should bring your family and tune
this piano next time.
> By the way, there lived a Dutch family at the farm I'm renting before me!
Norway is beutiful!

Thank's for this, how many piano's overthere?

> Yours

 Rudyard,
a human being in Rotterdam