Heintzman console jack return problem.

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:34:54 EST

In a message dated 11/07/2000 7:51:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mltuner@hotmail.com writes:

<< On some of these pianos the arc of the but is intersecting the arc of the
 jack to help this - after checking the usuall causes I've had success simply
 inserting a #22 music wire between the wippen flanges and the action rail.
 Simply loosen the flanges insert the wire and tighten the flanges - this
 changed the jack position just enough to allow the jack to return - though
 at times I've had to shimm up the hammer rail as well ( as you sugest John)

 Hope this will help you

Are you inserting the wire at the bottom of the flange or at the top?

Doug Mahard