Dead note--no sustain

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@home.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:39:02 -0800

Jeff,
I have had that same problem before and I call my friend and mentor Mike
Reiter.  He had me take a chop stick voicing tool and start by voicing the
left and right sholders of the hammer on top, if your working on a vertical,
as it faces you if your working on a grand.  You will get more sustain.  If
that doesn't work then use the same method on the back or underside of the
hammer.  It will amaze you.  Hope this does the job for you.
---Marvin McDonald, Associate