Soundboard Finishing

Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:49:46 -0500

Hi Ron -

Since the boards look different from different angles, clearly you cannot
possibly expect your shim to be invisible from all angles, but who looks
at soundboards from the hinge side of the lid when the piano is in the
home?  And from the player's end the music desk inhibits the view.  And
the tail-end doesn't offer enough of a god peak because of the angle of
the lid - you'd have to squat to see in there.  The only view that offers
a 'good look' would seem to be from where the lid is propped, so that is
the angle from which I try to match the color.

Hey, it's an imperfect world!

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com