64-key pianos

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:16:16 EST

   Who told you they weren't any good.The Hardman Peck "Mini-Piano" is a well
built and nicely scaled average sounding piano.I actually just tuned one last
week.The one last week hadn't been tuned for over 10 years and I was
impressed at how close to be being in tune it was and how easy it was to pull
up the pitch and then fine tune it.
    The small 64 note piano that I don't particularly like is one made by
Wurlitzer called a Tom Thumb.....it ends up sounding worse than cheap spinet.

    I have a book that you might find interesting that talks about
"Mini-Pianos"and  much more,maybe you could put it on your Christmas list.It
is called "PIANO  A Photographic History of the World's Most celebrated
Instrument" by David Crombie.It is published by GPI Books of SanFransico and
sells for about $40.00 hard bound.It has a lot of great pictures and an
accurate historical time line includeing players electronic,and novelty
pianos.It makes a great coffee table book as well as a reference book for
finding out about Mini-Pianos.